1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

leno rerun

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

phelps might be the most self-absorbed person living.

god, this guy is pathetic.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

not a rerun, but he definitely has an extra chromosome.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Since Leno is into the last year of his run, now is as good a time as any to say it: I've always found the Leno-era Tonight Show rerun policy of running shows from the last couple weeks to be annoying and insulting. If we just watched the show two goddamn weeks ago, why would we want to watch it again now?

At least during the Carson era, they dug back into the vaults to get shows farther back, usually with some kind of quality-level concept in mind. That way, if a rerun came on, it was actually sort of interesting, because even if you had seen the show, you didn't remember all the dialogue word-for-word. Plus it was interesting to see the monologue and show dialogue deal with events which were hot stuff a year or so ago, and are now nearly-forgotten.

Hopefully Conan, when he takes over, will go back to that policy (once he's got a few months' backlog built up to choose from). In the end, I don't really watch any of the late-night shows hardly ever (working half the time, no interest the other half) so I guess I really don't care. But considering how seldom I watch the shows, it's especially irritating when a rerun comes on of the same show only a week or two later.

4. jps

jps Active Member

don't tend to watch, either, but craig ferguson is a freaking riot.

5. KG

KG Active Member

I love Ferguson. At first he annoyed me, then he started to wear on me. Now I prefer him.

It must be brainwashing. :eek:

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The recent rerun policy is the way they do business now. All of them.

Hated Kilborn, but haven't warmed to Ferguson, either. I was an old school Tom Snyder fan and also appreciated the contrast of having a completely different approach at 12:30. No band, no audience, no desk, no silly sitcom star telling pre-planned stories. Used to love it when Snyder would have extended interviews with people like Harlan Ellison and Ray Bradbury.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I like Ferguson. He grows on you once you start watching. His first few shows when he first started were, literally, hard to watch, especially the first sketches. But he's gotten better with time.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Ha ha! Petty watches Leno!

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

it's the accent with you women...always the accent

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

it's the only time his wife lets his boys out of the deep freeze

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did i spell blow me correctly?

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

psst, tomas, you've used that comeback twice on the board in the last 20 mins :D

Draft saved Draft deleted