1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lennox Lewis considering 1-fight comeback

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Feb 23, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

A rematch versus Vitali Klitschko.

As much as I'd love to see it, Lennox, stay retired. For your own good.

Source: Fox Sports Radio

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A Lewis comeback would be a bad idea. Not quite as bad as Tommy Morrison's, but still bad.

3. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

why even call it a comeback in boxing at this point?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's his life.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Who is he, Rocky Balboa?

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Exactly.

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

First of all he would probably only make the comeback for around $15 million or more, which is a pretty nice chunk of change for an hour of work. Tommy Morrison probably made what? $1,500 and 500 Delta miles?

And it's against a guy who bleeds whenever you stare at him long enough. Besides Lennox-Vitali I was a hell of a six-round heavyweight fight.

8. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

I'd always hoped that Lewis would make a clean break. Hang up the gloves and walk away. Boxers never do that though. At least with Lewis, if he comes back, he'll making a nice chunk of change. It's not depressing like, say, Thomas Hearns having a fight last year at a show in Michigan. Four years though is a long time to be inactive especially at the age Lewis is now.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

As long as he can pass the required medical tests, he can do whatever he wants with his life.
    None of us have a greater stake in his wellbeing than he does.
    If you want to talk about guys who shouldn't be allowed to box, talk about Joe Siciliano, a 49-year-old morbidly obese cop who will be fighting Butterbean on March 9. In his second pro fight, Siciliano fought Peter McNeeley. The first left hook McNeeley landed lifted him 4 inches off the canvas.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I thought the sport of boxing was dead already. I'd rather see Lala (sp?) Ali than a lot of these heavyweights floating around today.

11. boots

boots New Member

I have one question ....WHY?
    He doesn't need the money and so what if he wins, he won't gain anymore noteriety.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

to me, regardless of what happens, Lewis is still the guy who was only the best of a bad heavyweight division.

Draft saved Draft deleted