1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lena Dunham goes into extensive detail about playing w. her sister's genitalia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Nov 5, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

No kidding.

"Guess what happened to me that you never needed to know about, but I have books to sell."

As Starman pointed out, it's not like Dunham is some former child star who is now desperate to profit off her tell-all (MacKenzie Phillips, etc...) but she's a member of that delightful generation that needs to be the center of attention at all times, so she divulges this information, much to the delight of her publisher, who knows that any publicity is good publicity for the book.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nah. They don't use the phrase "the slightest jack-shit" enough for my tastes.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'd bet folding money that, were he still among the living, WFB would have at the ready some arcane word the essence of which is "slightest jack-shit" ...

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Looks like Lena is going undercover for a bit -- her latest tweets note that she is skipping events in Belgium and Germany.

5. Prolly going to Thailand.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

8. sportbook

sportbook Member

Probably true but she doesn't. She's disgusting...inside and out.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Book promotion is a helluva drug.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Is there anything more pretentious and awful than using British spelling even though you were born and raised in New York City?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've never heard of this chick before, and don't read the NY Times.

What football team does she play for?

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I am deeply disturbed by Dunham's actions and reaction to people bringing it up.

But what gets me the most is why she thought this would be good material to put in her book. You thought including something like this would just be OK with people? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Draft saved Draft deleted