1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Len Bias Film

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

possibly, but he averaged nearly 33 and 14 his senior season, which is pretty good in any league

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yeah I know I messed up about his 4th year. Actually, given the circumstances of his death I don't think his legend grew very much, if at all.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not sure Bias was on the level of Durant, but he was joining the World Champions and was supposed to be the guy who kept the rings coming in Beantown...

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's kind of scary to think that had he not died, Bias could have had a 15-year career and would be retired for nearly seven years now. I can still remember the news of his death like it was last week.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The NBA died a bit that day too. I would say it would be compariable to Durant but what made it bigger was fact that Bias was drafted by the Celtics who had just beaten the Lakers in the NBA finals.

It was viewed as another of the many shrewd Auerbach deals to put the Celtics in position to draft Bias.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They actually beat the Rockets in 1986.

I don't think Durant is even comparable to Bias. Durant's the guy who bench pressed 185 pounds, right?

We went from discussing Bias in terms of Jordan, and now Bias to Durant?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Right - got my years mixed up . that was year that Jerry sichting got in the fight with Ralph Sampson

Durant is a different player than Bias was. With that team he might have fit better than Bias.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Durant is smooth like The Iceman. Bias was just so strong. I really think the blend of Karl Malone and Nique is perfect when trying to figure out Bias. Bias was just not as guick as Nique, who was the quickest forward to ever play.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm not going to get into comparing him with anybody. I'll just say I saw Bias play a good bit and the sumbitch could seriously fucking play. Big-time play.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

And Moddy's seen a lot of Virginia Tech basketball, so he knows the good shit from the bad.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Moddy, are you in New York right now? If you are, ask Howard Garfinkel his opinion of Bias. [/someguywatchingthevcugamerightnow]

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not there. Couldn't get on a plane my first day - orientation and all that.
    So I'm doing the same thing you are doing, watching a team that I hope gets ranked real soon win another one.

Draft saved Draft deleted