1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeMond accuses Landis of blackmail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, May 17, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Tonya Harding and her goons think that this mess is fucked up beyond belief. ???

It's apparent that Landis is willing to squeal to cover his ass, LeMond wants to take down Landis and Armstrong, and if anyone thinks that USA Cycling isn't cheating, ask the French.  But what do I know?  I'm eating American Fries right now, as the Cubs are trying not to do what they do best:  blow leads.

2. Shocking update of the day!

Former Landis manager enters rehab

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - Floyd Landis' former manager was set to enter rehab Monday, a revelation made in the hours before the Tour de France champion was to take the witness stand for what promised to be a hostile cross-examination.
    In a letter written by Brent Kay, Landis' new manager, and posted on the "Trust But Verify" blog, Kay acknowledged Will Geoghegan is "entering a rehabilitation program today in an effort to address his problems."
    Geoghegan called Greg LeMond last Wednesday night and, posing as LeMond's uncle, threatened to reveal the secret that LeMond had been sexually abused as a child if LeMond showed up to testify.
    Moments after LeMond told that story Thursday, Geoghegan was fired. When he testified Saturday, Landis said he had no idea Geoghegan was making those phone calls.

3. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

This whole thing is a disaster.

The panel will find Landis guilty and he'll appeal to CAS and probably lose.

The more this goes on, the more I think Landis did it and is just as dirty as most everyone else in the sport.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not particularly shocking considering Geoghegan said he'd been drinking when he called LeMond.

Draft saved Draft deleted