1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leitch on Darren Rovell

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Damn.

If we're gonna be interwebinal celebrities, I'm going to have to brush the cheetos crumbs off my posts and put on pants.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

At first thought, that Rovell tweet about Pistorius was ridiculous -- but there is no doubt Oakley execs were groaning when they saw that. That's the way they think in his world.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I put that into a Word Count Tool after I crawled to the finish line. It was exactly 3,080 words.

It made the same point approximately 14 times.

There is certainly something to be said about the clubby group think of smarmy white guys who believe they're raging against the machine. (SPOILER: They are the machine!) But my god, man. Make your point and end it. LTL made the same point (and did it better) in six sentences on Page 1 of this thread.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I didn't read the entire thing. How many times did he use the word "y'all"?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I prefer the singular -- y'alls.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Not ridiculous - <i>insensitive</i>. How this affects Oakley or Nike is pretty immaterial when someone hasn't even been dead 24 hours.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm with ya. Travis is a pretty high-level thinker on a number of things. Not much of a writer.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When, exactly, did hating on Rovell become a thing on Twitter? Can we trace it back to Hater Zero and see how it spread?

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Funny to see one of the officers of the Brotherhood of the Longform plead for concision and tight writing.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

/wanking motion

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I noticed this as well, my most skilled beach volleyball partner.

Longform, Inc. does not appreciate the efforts of noble Clay Travis.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[quote author=Drew Magary]I assume you're referring to this: [outkickthecoverage.com]

I think it's more than fair to point out that the sports blogoworld appears to be a bunch of chummy hipster white boys. But that point got held down in a fucking lake and drowned the second C'lay started going on and on about how we're all jealous and BUTTHURT about Darren Rovell's awesome success. I have no clue why Leitch chose to make the quotes damning Rovell anonymous, but I'll happily say out loud that Darren Rovell is the kind of insufferable dickface that listens to Tony Robbins books on tape and believes every word of it.

Also, lots of sports bloggers like soccer and I don't. DIVERSITY.[/quote]

Draft saved Draft deleted