1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leinart Baby Momma: Leinart full of crap and a bad dad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jul 24, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was going to be my question. Not to defend Leinart at all, but I wonder about the mother a bit.

And I am a parent, dammit...one who has changed a lot of shitty diapers.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I understood what she meant by that. Not everyone is as literal as we'd like to see.

3. Michael Silver managed to slow down his slurping for two sentences in SI last week to carry a Brynn Cameron read-between-the-lines quote from the L.A. Times about how "Matt and I live different lifestyles at this point and I want Cole to be a grounded little boy." A big-time read-between-the-lines quote that didn't give Silver too much of a pause before he returned us to this episode of "Entourage" and name-dropping Wilmer Valderrama.

Talk about burying the lede.

4. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

One of the best characterizations of Silver I have read. Great job (and music), WJ.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

ShaWn Kemp asks:

"Who the hell is ShaUn Kemp?"

Waylon: agreed. I no longer read Silver because he goes Brown Bunny on every subject (and Dr. Z had a nice shot at him in last week's mailbag; when a reader asked who the biggest partiers were, he said to ask Mike Silver, "he parties with all of them"). But I saw that article, and wondered how Silver could fail to call Cameron and talk about this.

6. If I was O'Connell I'd wring his neck today when "People" and the "Ventura County Star" beats my reporter on this angle when it was right there in front of him.

The gist of the Leinart story - he's really grounded, dude, you gotta believe me. Some bitch said he doesn't take care of his kid, but he does - just trust me. Oh, look, I'm slipping into the club with him while he winks at the bouncer. The end."

7. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Awesome, first legit LOL all day. Thank you, Zenn-La!

Silver didn't follow-up b/c it hurts his "Leinart-is-God, the-Pac-10-rules-both-the-known-and-unknown-(including-Zenn-La)-universe" agenda.

And, the Raiders also passed on Leinart, which also makes MS' knobgobbling only that much more resolute and crucial.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Indeed, Silver's first SI story I remember was the Rodman party in 1995, after which the Spurs blamed the "distraction" for Olajuwon making Robinson his bitch.

His second was one shamelessly ripping the Raiders after a loss at KC that fall.

(Hope I remember these correctly)

Decided then that Silver wasn't one of my must reads, as his styl just doesn't suit what I'm interested in reading. But he works for SI, so what can I say? Not much.

Dr. Z: "From Randy of Charlotte, N.C.: "Who is the all-time rumored party guy in the NFL?" Would you please refer that question to M. Silver, Esq., at SI.Com. And it would not involve rumor. He parties with all of them."

Yup.

9. So he caught some breaks. That doesn't make him infallible.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's true. No one is infallible.

Some, however, are more subjective than others, and thus more likely to bury ledes and wax poetic about - and advocate for - felons' returns to the NFL's ranks. Something I discussed about Silver once before on SJ:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/41121/

Wonder if Silver will be so kind if Mike Vick is found guilty of a felony(-ies)? I'm going to assume, umm, NO! Call it a hunch.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yeah you're damn right I played that card. You're kind of scary.

You can tell what a guy thinks about women when he randomly throws a "Ms." into an argument like this.

She wants to continue her basketball career. Geez - call her crazy. So she doesn't want to live off Leinart's child support payments for the rest of her life - she actually wants a life of her own.

Let me ask you this - would you ever ask whether or not Leinart should suspend his career because he's got a son to raise?

Didn't think so.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yeah, I read that article and didn't even see the point of why it was written. It didn't really tell me anything about his life I didn't already know, although the part that I was most interested -- his being a father -- was glossed over.

And obviously he always throws in the little snippets about how he's partying with these guys or whatever, but in this story they really seemed forced and didn't add anything. He had some random thing about him picking up a four-figure tab, and then segued into him still being humble. Just didn't see what it had to do with anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted