1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leinart Baby Momma: Leinart full of crap and a bad dad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jul 24, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Did any of you really think he'd be the world's best father?

2. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

I agree with this:

and this:

and this:

If you're not ready for a kid, don't have intercourse unless you're DAMN safe, IMO. Just hook up.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Larry Bird wonders what the big deal is.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So does Elijah Dukes.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think Brynn and Cole are probably better off the less time Daddy shows up.

Send the checks and stay in Arizona.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

His daughter is a bitter, bitchy woman because of it too.

7. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Nothing I can add to this. Excellent post, Starman.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

(KNEW that "please tell me you're not a parent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' card would be played as soon as I posted).

Poindexter is right.

While he shouldn't say anything if he's not helping with the kid (as I said above), Leinart doesn't cross into "creep" territory until I find out he isn't supporting the kid financially. Right now, he's just "disingenuous jerk."

Also (I fixed the link above) read the original story the people.com blurb is based on. Ms. Cameron is making a huge commitment to the USC basketball team, which will make for a difficult motherhood for a year or two. While I would assume Mr. Leinart is supporting her financially (as he should), I have no beef with her decision to play and retain her scholarship. But if as a young single mother she is choosing a major commitment like that which will create a situation where she is not always around to raise her baby, maybe we shouldn't rip Leinart without taking a full view of the choice she is making.

Perhaps they're both young people who are dealing with the question of how to raise their child properly after having broken up and moved to different cities, while continuing to pursue careers in the sports they love.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I would think SHAWN Kemp disagrees.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

But SHAUN Kemp agrees.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That Ventura County Star article is very interesting.

1) She says she's with Cole "probably 99.9 percent of the time", yet she has time to work out, play basketball, and take classes at USC.

So she's not with Cole 99.9% of the time. Or anything even close. She lives with her family and in all probability, has a ton of familial help in raising her son as she continues to pursue her academic and athletic dreams.

2) People magazine lifted significant parts of the Ventura article for their story... but left out the parts where she wants to keep her and her son out of the tabloid weeklies like People.

12. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Yes, Leinhart is a creep if he's talking about changing diapers and not actually changing them, but my overall thought is it's a damn shame both parents put yet another kid in this position.

Draft saved Draft deleted