1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leinart Baby Momma: Leinart full of crap and a bad dad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes, but everything else the same, wealthy is always better.

And it's the first category!

As far as turning out great adults, I don't think wealth is an advantage at all. More of a hurdle, really.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Matt Leinart's parents. For raising such a butt.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I blame Nick Lachey and Pete Carroll, actually.

I think the enabling that goes on at USC did Leinart no favors.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Of course. He hangs out with celebrities! And he doesn't change as many diapers as he (apparently) intimated to a reporter! There should be laws against such things!

I've never met the young man or seen any evidence that he's such an awful person, so I'm going to withhold judgment, if you don't mind.

5. BeeYouDee

BeeYouDee New Member

My question to all of you 'Journalists' is since this summer, when was the last time you saw or heard about Leinart partying or out carousing with other celebs?
    Brynn Cameron has been in the news more than Leinart this season.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The first time I see "baby momma" used in a hed in a legitimate newspaper, I'll accept it as actual language.

7. The fanboi sensor in the backyard just went off.
    Somebody go check it, OK?

8. BeeYouDee

BeeYouDee New Member

I hope you are not referring to me.
    I hate USC and I'm not a fan of the Cards either.
    But, I think too many people on here are lumping Matt Leinart in with the party-hard crowd when I think this year he's shown he's not that big of a party guy. He may have been as a rookie, but who wouldn't be when you just got paid the amount of scratch that dude did. But, since he's struggled in the NFL with consistency and injuries, he's taken on a lower profile.
    He is taking things more seriously these days, at least he's acting like he wants to be an NFL quarterback and not just a celebrity.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/103493

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Would we want Leinart to marry a woman he apparently doesn't love in that deep way? Would we want Cameron to marry a man she apparently doesn't love in that way? Would we want the child exposed to two people who would likely be hostile to each other, even on handoffs? Would we want Leinart, with his significant financial means, to contribute a lot of those means for the raising and well-being of the child he fathered?

(Hint: only one of these questions has a "yes" answer.)

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Everything else being equal? Yes.

That does not mean you cannot point to instances where a less-than-wealthy upbringing didn't inspire greatness. Just like sometimes people leave Las Vegas with more money than they came with. But the "house" (wealth) has too much of a long-term advantage.

Wealth offers certain advantages that tilt the playing field ever so slightly (and sometimes heavily). The best health care. The best daycare (if needed). The best schools. The best connections. And most important, wealth means you are not trapped in certain situations. The opportunities are vast for the wealthy . . . and more opportunities = much greater chance for success.

Draft saved Draft deleted