1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legs Shmegs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 6, 2006.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Way to celebrate that 1,000th post.

2. KP

KP Active Member

Where is he playing college ball?

3. Turfburger

Turfburger Member

monty python's calling

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

DAMNIT TURFBURGER!!! You beat me to it.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There was a kid with a similar story who played football at a small college in Minnesota back in the mid-80s. A few years after he got out of school he signed with Mike Veeck's St. Paul Saints and was on that team when Darryl Strawberry did time there.

Don't know how he played baseball but I did see him play football. He was a defensive lineman who didn't play much but mixed it up pretty good when he was in there.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

AQB --

That same guy gets mentioned in the Northern League book Slouching Towards Fargo.

He and Straw became good friends, apparently. Legless dude was one of the last to get cut from the Saints roster.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The only problem with the legless dude is he gets called for tripping penalties an average of 12 times a game.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

More like eyes, schmeyes.

How about a legally blind high school running back -- who rushes for over 1,000 yards? And the kid has sickle cell anemia!

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/sports/10471680/detail.html

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Unless he is donating both kidneys to his brothers, I ain't buyin.'

Draft saved Draft deleted