1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lego man in space.....there's hope for us after all

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jan 25, 2012.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Going to show my 12-year-old son when he gets home from school. Appreciate you posting it.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

There's going to be some hilarious copycat story that comes out of this. I'm not sure what it's going to be yet. But I am sure that it'll be hilarious.

And yeah, it's beyond awesome.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Strictly speaking, this is a copycat. These stories have been popping up on the web for at least three years now. It's a full-blown trend among nerdy kids. And it's awesome every time.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Credit card commercial.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Let them copy off each other and continue to try to best the one before them.

I agree. Awesome every time.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Saw one a few months ago where they sent the balloon over 20 miles/ 100,000 feet.

You can build high powered model rockets to go that high, but you have to spend several dozen thousand dollars to do it, plus you can only launch in the western desert, plus you have to get clearance from half the security agencies in the hemisphere.

I think with balloons, as long as you notify the FAA you're doing it, it's OK.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Did they get space laid out of this?

(And yes, what they did was really cool.)

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

"Kept spitting out Rochester, NY."

Disturbing symmetry, considering the Kodak bankruptcy.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted