1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legendary Jim Brown To Current Players: Stop Dancing In The End Zone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Sep 27, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Awesome.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I was out having dinner, so you beat me (to it).

Good for you.

Only agree 10,000%.

It ends the discussion.

Shut up, Jim.

3. "One time I threw the brick at Jim and because he didn't blink, I panicked!  I said 'Aw, shit! I done fucked around and threw a real brick!  PLEASE GOD, don't let me be here when he throw it back!' The brick hit Jim, bounced off and Jim just said 'ha ha haaaa...'"

Classic.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Players dance? I must have missed that, what, with the 15 yard penalties for excessive celebration.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

You want bizarre? I listened to the radio last night for 10 minutes as Brown and JT the Brick discussed the Wall Street problem. Surreal. It was like "... and now, here to discuss recombinant DNA, are Paris Hilton and Pauly Shore!"

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

To ask someone to keep their emotions in tact while running into another human being on a constant basis is asking a lot. Personally, I like seeing many of the end zone celebrations. The guy who started it all off was named Elmo Wright of the Kansas City Chiefs. Folks who will remember Billy White Shoes Johnson or even Ickey Woods doing their things after touchdowns felt cheated if they watched a game and none of those guys scored.
    As for Jim, well, Jim Brown is Jim Brown. He's still the man and his opinion is valid and sound. I think he might be off base a little but I can see where he's coming from.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Figures.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm curious smasher. What do you find so offensive about end zone celebrations?

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Jim Brown must have loved Braylon Edwards' air-guitar routine today at Cincinnati. Way to go, Braylon. Only 16 more touchdowns to go this year.

10. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

If it's black, Jim Brown will be there. If it's football, he might.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Beat me to it.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I may be wrong but I don't think Jim Brown has ever been convicted of assaulting any women.

Draft saved Draft deleted