1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left-handed? Right-handed? Ambidextrous?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Or the body in relation to the mind, for that matter.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm about to blow your collective minds. [/bluefont]

I golf right, but I shoot left in hockey. I've tried to synch it up in the past but I feel like a fish out of water doing it.

Everything else I'm I'm righty.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

As long has he doesn't lead the league in shots to the nuts like I did.

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I know the feeling.....Right-handed desks never bothered me either....but left-handed desks *did* (Which I never quite understood).

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I learned to play drums lefthanded. Everything else I do righthanded. I also learned my left eye is dominant, which supposedly helps when you bat righty, but that doesn't help your warning-track power, unfortunately.

6. Righty: Throwing a baseball and football, writing
    Lefty: Batting (due to raising myself on horrendous and un-fixable mechanics as a righty) and punting (hurt my right foot, tried booting the ball with the left foot and it worked fine)
    Both: Eating, throwing a water polo ball, breathing in swimming

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I do everything lefty, except brush my teeth.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

All over the place.

I write right-handed, throw right, batted right (but would have probably been a switch-hitter had I stuck with baseball), brush my teeth with my right.

I play a mean left-handed air guitar, shoot a rifle from the left.

I can kick equally well with either foot, I generally eat with my right (but when I cut meat I hold the fork in my left and don't switch it back to my right), I throw a frisbee backhand better with my left, forehand with my right.

My feeling is some of your left-right tendencies have to do with eyesight. My vision has always been much poorer in my left eye than my right, so I think I started doing certain things with my left side when I was a kid to compensate for the increasingly blurry vision in my left eye. By the time I got glasses when I was 11, my habits had become ingrained. Just my own unscientific theory.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Only thing I do with my left hand is... well, none of your damn business. But you get the idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted