1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left-handed? Right-handed? Ambidextrous?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Every time I see the word "ambidextrous"......I think if Kilborn......."ambidextrous and amphibious"

Have a good friend (who absolutely despises Phil Mickelson) whose 4-year old boy LOVES to golf. The kid is right-handed at everything else except golf. We call the kid "Little Phil" much to the outrage of his father.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am not ambidextrous, but some things I do left handed (write, eat, throw, bowl) and some things I do right handed (scissors, tennis, golf, bat, kick).

Not sure why.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My parents didn't notice I was a lefty till 6th grade. Yet I'm both:

throw with right, kick with left
    switch-hitter
    write with left
    eat with left
    scissors with left, knife with right
    don't play guitar, but when I strum it's lefty

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

king,

Does it may you feel better to think your son will grow up to be like me and Creosote?

Best of luck!

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

boo.

6. Clambake Clem

Clambake Clem Member

My two year old steams the ball at me with his left. I look at Darren Oliver and Jim Poole and pray he keeps it up. Daddy needs a new Benz.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm right-handed, but I cut steak, drink and open jars mostly with my left hand.

I look like a complete spaz if I try to throw lefty. It's quite ugly.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My son never had a chance with me as a father any way. :)

Watched him eat his cereal this morning. He held the spoon with his right hand.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I throw and write with my left hand. But I hit a baseball and golf righty.

I actually play tennis by serving lefty and hitting groundstrokes righty, although in HS, I played with two forehands. In basketball, I'm just as accurate with either hand 10 feet and in.

My 3 year old son so far throws with his right hand better, but kicks a soccer ball way better with his left foot. I'd love for him to be a lefty, just so I can demonstrate mechanics of throwing better than I do with my daughter (who is a righty).

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My oldest is in kindergarten and he can throw with both hands. He bats right-handed, throws a baseball with his right hand but throws a football with his left hand. We have no idea what's going on. He also can write and draw with both hands.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He sure as shit will be a better softball player. :)

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I imagine chef has to use whatever hands, feet and toes that remain.

Draft saved Draft deleted