1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lee vs. Dickie V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 4, 2007.

?

Who deserves to be permanently muted (or at least have their lips sewn shut)?

1. Dick Vitale

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Lee Corso

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Vitale has to win this in a land-slide. He's loud, annoying and a sickening Duke fanboy that hasn't met a team or player he actually criticized. At least with Corso, he doesn't scream and yell, and he realizes he's the designated clown of the broadcast.

Oh yeah, gotta love those Ticonderoga pencils, baby!

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Oh yeah. Vitale seems clueless, too. In another three years, the times will have passed him by.

Like you said, at least with Corso, he knows he's the entertainment. I couldn't see someone else trying on the mascot heads at the conclusion of the broadcast, and I know he does it just to have some fun and bring some color.

For as much as ESPN tries to over-friendly its broadcasts, he's actually a welcome addition in my book. With Vitale, the screaming just gets annoying - especially when you have to sit next to him. There's no greater urge than wanting to "accidently" spill your drink.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Screw that, I wouldn't try to hide it at all. I'd blatantly pour the warm Miller Lite all over the chrome dome

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I voted for Dickie V. I could be wrong, but Corso is usually just on on Saturdays, or a few select spots during the week, while Vitale is always on during college basketbal season yelling about Duke and who knows what else. "DIGGER." I do like Vitale's catch phrases, but he is way too annoying and loud.

Draft saved Draft deleted