1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lee to acquire BH Media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Jan 29, 2020.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I do look at the Journal Star website in order to check in on Nebraska football. I forgot it was a Lee property. And I agree that the electronic product is good, but not earth shattering.

I particularly enjoy Steven M. Sipple's game wrap-ups. He overwrites and turns virtually every Nebraska loss into an apocalypse.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Been there done that likes this.
  2. I love Sip. And you’re right: Thank goodness his loyal readers have more lives than 2 cats!

He’s his own UNL satellite campus, for good AND bad.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

IIRC, Lee was only interested in St. Louis, but was told it was an all-or-nothing sale for all of Pulitzer.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I would have said the same of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. But Baton Rouge bought New Orleans and basically gutted the staff. So I was wrong yet again.

I see no reason Lee would not do the same thing in Nebraska.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Newspaper transactions these days are like NBA teams trading bad contracts - being willing to pay more dollars if it clears off your cap sooner.

Draft saved Draft deleted