1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lee filing bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Dec 2, 2011.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Big businesses are praised for skirting out on debt, but if an individual does the same, they are bad people.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Got one of their papers in our town.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Sure seems that way Stitch.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I read somewhere once that the safest mortgage loan was to the salesman. The riskiest was to the general manager. People from lower socioeconomic groups tend to treat debt as a moral obligation. More affluent people treat it as an investment decision. If the underlying collateral drops in value the affluent are more likely to cut their losses.

I don't know if this is true. But what was the editorial position of Lee on mortgage relief?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I hear ya. WTF is up with that?

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The story I read said the debt was being restructured, with the approval of 94 percent of the creditors, and that all creditors will be paid.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about Jarrett Lee ... or Cliff Lee ... or maybe Bruce Lee ... or about 100 other people before I would have thought of Lee Enterprises.

10. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Hence the placement on the journalistic topics only board. Clears the confusion from the outset.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Then why are they hiring bankruptcy attorneys?

Draft saved Draft deleted