1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lee Corso recovering after a stroke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 28, 2009.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This news might explain that web rumor a month or so ago that had Corso (and another of other CFB talking heads) being replaced.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm reading this and listening to Corso commentate on my NCAA Football 09 game. Kinda eerie.

3. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

About 38 years ago, when he was a young coach and I was an even younger sportswriter (still in college), our paths once crossed and he treated me so nicely that I've always remembered it. Had a chance to remind him of it a couple of years ago and tell him how much I always appreciated it, and he seemed genuinely touched. Don't know him well, but he seems like a really good guy.

4. U.Fester

U.Fester New Member

I recovered after several strokes earlier this week. Bring it On was on.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Read the USA Today story on Corso today. Read it twice, and it was still unclear as to what kind of shape he's in. Apparently he can talk, he was quoted, but is still doing therapy and hopes to be back on Gameday for the opener.
    Seems pretty clear that the quote he provided to the original release didn't come from his lips.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You read USA TODAY today? :)

Sorry. One thousandth variation of an old joke. It's very good to see Lee is progressing and hopes to be back in time for Gameday.

Saturdays without Herbstreit, Corso and Fowler aren't the same. Remember that, ESPN.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sounds like good news. Game Day and Corso are an important part my college football enjoyment.

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Not one of my favorite sportscasters ... but I wish him a speedy recovery. It'd be a bummer having to focus all my hate on Herbstreit .. :D

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Not a very good sportscaster (IMO), but one of the best studio analysts on TV in the past 20 years.

Never boring, usually insightful, and doesn't act like he's Knute Rockne.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lee did a nice piece last year on Maryland, from his coaching days. I can't remember the exact subject of the piece, but it was poignant, and it was good.

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

With a lifetime record of 73-85-6, that's not hard to do.. :D

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Thanks for coming back, if only for a while, Uncle Fester. Needed to see that lightbulb illuminated by your mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted