1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Led Zep to tour, but ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 28, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Great last line.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Any "Led Zeppelin" tour without Robert Plant on lead vocals, Jimmy Page on lead guitar, John Paul Jones on bass and a Bonham at the drum kit (nods in the direction of Jason Bonham) is a Faux Zeppelin tour. It's a fucking fraud.

No way would I shell out any of my non-existent money for a Led Zeppelin show without the three surviving members of the band. If it were Plant, Page, Jones and (Jason) Bonham, I'd have tried to do anything short of whoring myself out to see Led Zeppelin.

Now, fuhgedabout it. And Jimmy Page's manager can go fuck himself with a rusted stell dildo. Fans are going to talk about a Led Zep reunion until there's only one surviving member left.

3. Frylock

Frylock Member

Well, I just saved several hundred bucks.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Agreed.

I would have paid $500 easy to see the fraud group.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Two points:

1. I've said it before on other threads, but without the lead singer, it's a different band. That goes for Led Zeppelin, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Sabbath, whomever. The only bands that pulled off the lead singer switch successfully were AC/DC and (maybe) Van Halen. But they did it when they were in their prime, not 30 years after the fact. I'm as big a Zeppelin fan as anyone on this board, and there's no way I'd see them without Plant.

2. Plant has never come out and said it, but I think the real reason he doesn't do a Zep reunion tour is because he and Bonzo were so close (they grew up together). And with his solo career doing just fine after the duet album with Alison Krauss, there's no longer a financial incentive, either.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Are you insane?

Send me $500. I'll sing Rock and Roll for you.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Everything I've read says that the surviving members retain rights to the catalog. That, along with licensing, would be a considerable revenue stream.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/15/arts/music/15musi.html

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I do it at karaoke all the time. It's like a guaranteed hit for me.

Send me the $500. Lord knows I need it.

Draft saved Draft deleted