1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeBron's threads

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

LeBron James has been on the cover of GQ. And yet every time I see him walking to one of these meetings this week, he's wearing a white T-shirt and a back pack.

Shouldn't LeBron be dressing better for what amount to job interviews?

And I get that he doesn't really have to.

But should he?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nope. He doesn't have to impress them, they have to impress him for the right to pay him $100 million.
    Great freaking world we live in

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

LeBron is not the interviewee he's the interviewer. He can wear what he wants.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's right, spnited, how dare we enjoy management having to grovel before an employee. Am loving it

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yeah, right, these are job interviews. As if one of these teams will decide he's not the man for the job and hire someone else.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The most hype nonstory perhaps of all time. All of it. The threads. The speculation. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ya think Mark Cuban would turn LeBron down for being underdressed in an interview?

Giggle.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I would just like him to show a tad bit of professionalism. I wouldn't expect John Paxon or Pat Riley to walk into the meeting sporting a "My Brother Went to Maui and All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt" T-shirt into an interview with a prospective coach, for example. I get that LeBron is the one actually interviewing them, but I don't think that exempts him from displaying some modicum of professionalism and/or maturity instead of looking like a spring breaking frat boy from Big State U.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You realize you're talking about someone who, in a t-shirt and jeans, is more dressed up than he is when he actually goes to work, right?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd offer a day's pay for him to sign right now and just make it all stop. Makes one long for football recruiting season.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

What's a tad bit? More than a tad? More than a bit? Both?

Draft saved Draft deleted