1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebron James

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bjot, May 14, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Agree. People overestimate their ability to tell what athletes are thinking and feeling based on watching them on TV by about one million percent.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did you ever get really stoned before playing and think that it would wear off but it didn't?

Game 5.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think whereever James goes, they'll win a title next year or the year after at the latest.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Really? No matter where he ends up?

5. Den,

I usually respect what you say, but you sound like an idiot with that "LeBron quit" bullshit.

You must not have been alive in 2007. You know, when LeBron singlehandidly led the Cavs to the Eastern Conference title. Just for fun, I looked that box score up.

Boobie Gibson

Drew Gooden

Ira Newble

all of those guys played major minutes.

LeBron in seven years may not have won a title. But he's gone to the finals round, he's gone to the eastern conference finals, he's been in the playoffs six of his seven years, he's never lost in the first round. He's the best player in the game, and he's 25. He's never been on the police blotter, he's never been accused of being anything but good person off the court.

But because he dances in a lay-up line, he's arrogant. The same people who blasted him for not shaking hands last year are blasting him for being too nice this year.

I for one have seen zero evidence that he doesn't want to win. But because he hasn't played with a Pippen and Horace Grant like Jordan, or a Kareem, James Worthy, Byron Scott like Magic, or a McHale, Parish like Bird, or a dominant Shaq like Kobe, now he doesn't want to win?

As I said Den, you sound like an idiot. So does every columnist who all of a sudden wants to throw LeBron under the bus because he came up short against a team that had four of the best five players in the damn series.

Sickening

6. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, because you know whereever he goes, they either have a pretty good team already there, or they will be adding someone else big...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If the Bynum kid stays healthy and progresses as a player, the Lakers should still have another year of Kobe in his prime, and that would be a hell of a team.

8. JackReacher

Fair enough. I'll take that bet. You name the stakes.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I've seen you do this multiple times now where you use his playoff performance in 07 as a defense for criticism of his 2010 play. It's some terribly weak fanboi type logic. Den never criticized his 07 play, only his 2010 performance, so what does 07 have to do with this discussion? Two entirely different issues.

Are you under the impression that the fact that he played his guts out one year means it would be impossible for him not to do so in another year? Just what is the point of that argument, how does it disprove anything said by anyone here?

10. Mizzougrad96

IF he leaves Cleveland, give me two seasons. Same stakes as the Warner bet. :)

11. JackReacher

You'll have to refresh my memory.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And, just out of curiosity, I also looked it up because I couldn't recall Newble even being a member of that team, much less getting "major minutes." Appears Newble was about the 13th or 14th man on their regular season roster and got a grand total of 129 minutes that season. He got a total of 10 minutes over the course of that entire 20 game playoff run which, by my calculation, averages out to about 30 seconds per game in the playoffs. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html)

"Major minutes." Really?

Wrong. He missed the playoffs in both 04 and 05. Fanboi could use a fact checker.

Draft saved Draft deleted