1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebron James

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bjot, May 14, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In this day and age it's ponderous how athletes can make much money of endorsements. I guess there is still a lot of suckers out there. Be like Tiger and drive a Buick.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

List the teams that are L'Bron away from playing in the Finals.

List the teams with a losing record that would contend for the Finals with him.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Chicago is a Lebron away from not just the Finals, but a potential dynasty type run. Miami might be also if they can team Wade with Lebron.

But that's pretty much it amongst the actual contenders to land him. New York and New Jersey are still years away. And staying in Cleveland looks like more of the same, good but not good enough.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If the Suns had LeBron next year, kept Amare and Nash kept cheating time, that might be the highest scoring team since the Nuggets of Doug Moe.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The Suns don't have the money for that, though, right?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They're not sure they have the money for Amare.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No, the Suns aren't even a candidate. They don't have the cap room and their ownership's too damn cheap even if they did.

There's only a very small handful of teams (Bulls, Knicks, Nets, Heat, Clips) that are in position to realistically make a run at him.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I agree. So the analysis comes down to
    1. L'Bron takes every penny he can get and stays in Cleveland knowing he can't win a championship unless he discounts himself, severely
    2. L'Bron to Chicago or Miami to actually be THE MAN in a potential multi-year championship run
    3. Takes much less money to sign with a ready made contender, Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Lakers

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought the question was just add LeBron to the team, not thinking about money, and they are a contender.

Shit, I would say 4/5ths would be immediate contenders. That is how shitty his supporting cast in Cleveland was.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Take a look at what the Knicks have...ain't much better than Cleveland. I would say New Jersey has a better supporting cast.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

With Harris and Lopez, Nets have two great complementary stars to go with LeBron. What they would need then are some better quality supplemental parts. Outside of Douglas-Roberts, and to a lesser extent, Yi and Courtney Lee, the rest of the team are little better than CBA players.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What about the Mavs?

Draft saved Draft deleted