1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeBron dropping a hint?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Aug 24, 2009.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's insane that you wouldn't take Lebron and Kobe on the same team.
    Lebron is one of the best passers in the league and actually enjoys getting his teamates involved in the game.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Since we are dealing in fantasy, how about Kobe joining LeBron and his buddy Shaq in Cleveland. That's as likely as LeBron in a Knicks uniform.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It'll never happen anyway, so it's a moot point. I stand by my opinion, though.

Edit: Thank you CB. It's pure fantasy to even think LeBron and Kobe on the same team is possible. No chance.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Nice try, but LeBron has nothing significant to gain by not signing an extension now. He will not make one more dime in salary by re-signing next summer as opposed to this summer. All last season Cavs fans were saying that the only reason this was even a story was that LBJ couldn't sign an extension yet to remove all doubt. Well, now he's had the chance to do it and declined, so no matter how tiresome you may find it and no matter how much you may try to deny it, the doubt is still there. In fact it's greater than ever. Your attempts to rationalize his not re-signing are comical. Free promotion for LeBron James Inc? Come on. And the Chinese conglomerate? Yeah, LeBron would have no access to the Asian market if he played in New York. FWIW, I would still put my money on him staying in Cleveland, but it's nowhere near the slam dunk that you're trying to convince yourself it is.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

You're not still waiting to hear the answer, you're just ignoring it.

Seems you're also still waiting for someone to agree with you that adding LeBron would actually be a bad thing for the Lakers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

HAHAHAHAHA.
    Just so you know, I know a lot more about the situation than you do. Quite a bit more. Remember the entire Trevor Ariza deal? Uhhh...it did happen. But keep trying to talk yourself into things. There is a better chance David Lee will be a Cav, with LeBron James, than LeBron James a Knick.

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Oh. Well that settles it, then. I didn't realize you were such an insider. ::)

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It truly is pure fantasy but your opinion on this is very Devil93ish.

9. RTJ

RTJ Member

If LeBron wanted to go to Los Angeles, you don't think the Lakers would consider dumping Kobe? I know every city loves their own superstars, but it would be foolish to hold on to a player that's going to hit the downside of his career pretty quickly instead of signing the best player in the NBA entering his prime.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ouch. That hurts. It really does.

As I've said many times on this thread, I'd rather not see Kobe and LeBron on the Lakers at the same time simply because of the egos involved. That's a potentially disastrous situation. The Lakers are winning without LeBron and they'll continue to do so. I like the Lakers just fine the way they are, thank you.

And the thought of LeBron joining Kobe and the Lakers has never crossed my mind since, you know, there's NO chance of it happening. Again, moot point.

11. Fascinating to see an "NBA discussion" led by people who clearly have no clue about the NBA's salary cap, just how much money certain teams will have under the cap next summer, and what it will take to field a team of 15 with around 51 million bucks.

Notice that, nearly three pages in, I'm the first to actually mention how much the 2010-11 salary cap will probably run.

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Where are you getting the impression that no one understands the cap? It's already been pointed out, for instance, that the Celtics are on the hook to Pierce and Garnett for $41 million in 2010, therefore LeBron is not an option for them. Same for the Lakers. The Knicks are one team that will have cap room for LeBron, which, combined with the NY market, makes them a viable option. I think most people, and I emphasize most, understand the workings of the salary cap, thanks. God, this thread is bringing out the arrogance in people.

Draft saved Draft deleted