1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeBron dropping a hint?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Aug 24, 2009.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They got black people in Wisconsin yet? [/crossthread]

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

They don't. That's why the Bucks need LeBron.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I still say LeBron never leaves Cleveland. In the end, it always comes down to money. Cleveland will be able to pay him the most.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If LeBron goes to NYC and brings the Knicks a title, he will reach the God status that he craves. That won't happen with the Cavs.

I'm guessing LeBron and one of the other superstars from next year's FA class will come to some agreement to go there together. They'll have a title within two years.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How about the Bulls?

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

isn't Paul Pierce up after this season along with Ray Allen? LeBron for Pierce and Allen? Easy choice.

7. the fop

the fop Member

Mizzou, I respect your takes on hoops -- and not just because you feel as strongly as I about the 2002 Lakers-Kings series -- but I gotta disagree here. If LeBron and whomever the Knicks can surround him with win a title, it's the city's first since what, the Giants year before last? If he wins one in Cleveland, it's the hometown kid delivering the first championship in ANY major sport in 45 years. Having lived in NE Ohio, I'd say that'd give him some godlike status there.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Pierce has two more seasons on his deal. He'll make about $22 mil in 2010-11 and Garnett will get about $19 mil. No way they can clear enough for LeBron.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes, seriously. And for the exact reasons you listed. I mean, if the Lakers didn't have the best player in the game, sure, I'd take LeBron. But they do, so it's a moot point. (or second best player in the game, to avoid that pointless argument.)

And did you really learn anything new from that ESPN interview? LeBron MIGHT sign somewhere else next summer. We've known this for, oh, about two or three years now.

Wake me in June.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

What I listed were reasons the Lakers wouldn't get him, not reasons a Laker fan wouldn't want him. It's hard to see why anyone wouldn't want to add LeBron to their team, but to each his own.

I'm not saying LeBron dropped a bombshell, I'm just saying that this was the first time I know of that he has seemed to be preparing NE Ohio for his departure. It's a small but perhaps significant change of tone. This is all reading tea leaves, but that's the way it's going to be for a while. If it doesn't interest you, feel free to go back to sleep.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The thing that jump-started the "LeBron leaving Cleveland" talk was the fact that LeBron hasn't signed a new deal... not some stupid interview with ESPN.

The interview gave us zero new information. None. That said, you can talk all you want about LeBron leaving. It's just that the thread title is misleading. That's my point.

And why would I want Kobe and LeBron on the team I root for? Nothing good could come from that. So....would I want LeBron now? Nope. In 3 years? Yes.

Zzzzzzzzz.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Gotta disagree with you, at least on what a Knicks title would mean to NY. The Knicks are very, very different from the Giants and just about everyone else except the Yankees. They belong to the city more than any of the other teams in the area. And the city is starving for the Knicks to regain relevance, never mind actually win their first title in almost 40 years.

If LeBron snaps the Knicks' title drought, he will be a God in THE city. No offense to Cleveland, but that ain't gonna stoke his ego like winning it all in NYC.

All that said, I hope he STFU, b/c I'm sick of hearing him drop these little hints to feed his massive, massive ego and to further fuel a story that isn't actually a story for another 10 months. In the end, he's going to go where ownership will kiss his ass the most.

Draft saved Draft deleted