1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeBron dropping a hint?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Aug 24, 2009.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

From ESPN's Sunday conversation with LeBron last night:

"My loyalty is to Akron. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season, but I'm looking forward to the summer of 2010, too, to see what may happen. No matter what happens that summer, you know, I'm still here. I've got a nice big house here that I'm always coming back to. You know, I love this city and I'll always give back to this city no matter what my profession; if it takes me somewhere else."

A ray of hope for the Knicks. New York is definitely in play.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's been dropping hints for about four years.

The Knicks' roster is still a disaster. The Cavaliers have flaws, but it's conceivable to see them winning a title behind LBJ in the next several years. The Knicks will need more than LBJ to get into contention.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

what about lebron in celtics green,

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How about LeBron as a Laker?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No, thank you.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

He's insane to think he'll be able to go home again after he jumps ship.

The backlash is going to be incredible in Northeast Ohio. Sell the house and never come back.

7. LeBron is a god in akron, not only for his basketball, but for his community service....him leaving won't hurt that

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

This is the first time I've heard him say anything that could be construed as laying the groundwork for leaving. I'll always love you Akron. Even when I'm gone, I won't really be gone. Until now it's always been, let's just see what happens.

And take him off the Cavs and there's not that much difference between Cleveland's roster and the Knicks'.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Celtics are already pushed up against the cap, they would have to purge a combination of stars to get him?

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

How 'bout the Bucks?

11. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

No thank you? It won't happen because they don't have the cap room and Kobe would never share the stage, but no thank you? Seriously?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Ray Allen's $17 million comes off the books this year.

Lebron isn't going anywhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted