1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeBron and No. 23

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

He's a multi-millionaire with a high school education who was corronated as the future King of the NBA when he was just a little kid. How could he not be an arrogant prick? Any of us would be under those circumstances. I don't blame him, it's just a fact. He is a blank slate corporate schill who will say or do whatever he's told so long as he's paid his asking price.

It's like Jordan said when someone asked him why he didn't advocate for typically associated black causes: "Hey, Republicans buy shoes, too."

More evidence? Look who he works for -- Nike and the NBA -- don't you think a corporate schill for these business enterprises is probably gonna be a prick? Just like Tiger; just like MJ; just like Kobe. I don't fault him for it. If it wasn't him it would be someone else.

2. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

I like the way LeBron looks in throwback jerseys, and have thought this since his high school days.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The Wikipedia entry jogged my memory to some more "evidence":

How about the time he "ordered organizers to confiscate CBS video tape of him being dunked on by Xavier University's Jordan Crawford at the Nike LeBron James Skills Academy"? Remember that one? I do.

And I didn't know he'd blamed the media for his need to use marijuana:

"On July 23 in an interview for his upcoming book "Shooting Stars",[88] Lebron James admitted to smoking marijuana from all the stress he was getting from the media at the time."

I wonder if media attention gets you a prescription for medical marijuana in California? Shall I continue?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Looks like he's not going to the Lakers. Isn't Adam Morrison #6?

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I realized LeBron was an arrogant prick when he started doing a riverdance to taunt the Chicago Bulls. And I don't even like the Bulls.

LeBron is a leDouche and the NBA blows.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's cultural, not personal. You know how the French are.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

If my kid gave a shit about the Lakers anymore (she doesn't since Kobe's Colorado incident and since he ran off Shaq), I would have taken her to Lakers offices and demanded that they replace her No. 8 jersey with a No. 24 jersey, or refund the money for the No. 8 jersey.
    Useless exercise, yes, but it would have made me feel better, anyway.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35691058/

If you're the Knicks, why bother taking a chance on tampering charges when you can just have CNBC do the dirty work for you?

9. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I think that means he's going to the NFL?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why didn't he just wait until next year when the jersey he gets on his new team becomes the top-seller.

I believe Brett Favre has had the top selling jersey in the NFL the last two years, obviously, because he was on a new team.

I think Randy Moss had the top seller in 2007... Because he was on a new team.

A stupid move, but good to know he did it for ego, rather than money.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sigh.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I thought this had long been proven to not be factual?

Draft saved Draft deleted