1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebron ad nauseam, squared

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clutchcargo, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

ESPN did maintain its journalistic integrity. It's at the same level it was before the LeBronathon.

2. VJ

VJ Member

Any thoughts on Jim Gray getting paid by LeBron's group rather than ESPN?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You don't think SAS was getting all tingly when LBJ said he was heading to Miami? He was bragging about the scoop before it had even been verified. And instead of digging in and asking what the deal was with the charade of bringing team execs to Cleveland (since it was already decided, he said) he instead chose to stroke his own ego.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess since the whole show was an infomercial, it was cool.

5. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

And what is on the plate of the ESPN ombudsman?
    Vuvuzelas and the mute button.
    I crap you negative.
    I mean, seriously, are f---ing kidding me? You have this way beyond overboard, so far beyond incestuous and exploitative and manipulative deal with King James and crew ... and you want to discuss the sounds of the vuvuzelas from the motherf---ing World Cup?
    F you, espn. F you. F you and the horse you f'in rode in on.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

When was he supposed to write it, this morning?

7. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Last night or this morning would have been timely and topical, yes. Hell, ever since ESPN started its blowout, overboard coverage of the LeBronstakes, that's ample opportunity to explore the pitfalls and successes of ESPN's coverage.
    Discussing it next week or weeks to follow just doesn't do the good as dissecting what should have been and should not have been, from an ombudsman's point of view, while the stove is hot.
    It's not as if ESPN's coverage of LeBron snuck up on him or anybody else.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The amount of LeBronsplooge guzzled in Bristol has to be astronomical.

9. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

If it's any consolation, it got a 0.0 in my household. As Dean Wormer said to Bluto, "Zero, point, zero."

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It so made me wish it were on TNT to hear Barkley make fun of the whole thing.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who cares who pays the little pretty boy and his little pretty mouth?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's not the first time Stuart Scott had to have his stomach pumped for that sort of thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted