1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebron ad nauseam, squared

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clutchcargo, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Writer33

Writer33 Member

World Wide Wes is going to assist him with his entrance exam.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If people weren't interested, wouldn't be a show. I think LBJ is great. ... unless he leaves Cleveland, then I'm keying his limo.

3. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

His limo will be the least of his concerns. I think he can expect the full Art Modell treatment.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

This whole thing is yet another full-blown Bill ("You Have a Stupid Job") Bradley moment.

5. J Staley

J Staley Member

Not sure why that is such a popular column.

This one is better ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?id=5361165

And it's not reliant on schtick.

The whole hour special is cheesy, but I'm not sure why we're all supposed to be so offended by it.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I blame all of this crap on SI. Had they not put him on the cover years ago, I don't think we'd be at such frenzied state.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Not that ESPN gives a crap, but their headline right now, with sources saying LeBron is "leaning" toward the Heat -- is exactly the problem with their special. It's obviously there for the sole purpose of stirring up interest, buzz and ratings. I think we all agree that Chris Broussard is a very respected reporter and deservedly so, but in this case he's being used, and he's going to end up looking like a tool -- either a tool of the LeBron marketing machine, or a tool for being so willing to have the wool pulled over his eyes.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Looks like Lebron is going to Miami, sez the Plain Dealer.

Akron will be ashes.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

A well-paid tool.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ace, a championship, sun and no taxes in Miami vs. frustration, bad weather, and taxes in Cleveland. It's a no brainer.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I won't have you knocking Cleveland, Drip.

On the other hand, I might join LBJ in Miami. The Heat won't be able to afford anyone better.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's not a knock on Cleveland. Always have a good time there and have relatives there. But it's hard to ignore those facts good buddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted