1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving so soon? Erickson headed to ASU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Dec 9, 2006.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I guess that's the problem. Erickson was an easy sell in Idaho because everyone desperately wanted to believe the touchy-feely stuff he was pushing about coming back and retiring there, blah, blah, blah, which really makes him a creep all the more. He knew what these people wanted to hear and he gave it to them in spades.

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Hate to break it to you, but Gambinos is being torn down. It's already in the process. Word is they are going to rebuild in the same location, but it will also have a different name. Remember the old atrium? It's pretty much open air now and the old patio had about a foot of snow in it before the melt. Sad, I tell you. Another local place -- the old Mark IV -- has adopted the fish bowls and ladder promo.

Spear was only forced into in that, had he not hired Erickson and boosters found out about it, they would have hanged him in the Kibbie Dome before burning it down. So he really had no true choice.

What Erickson did was like getting back with your old college girlfriend, telling her you love her, having sex with her in a "very uncomfortable place," telling all your friends about it and then dumping her on the Springer show. It was just bullshit on a human deceny level. The program was in real trouble when he arrived and is in deeper trouble now for the PR fiasco he created. Can't blame him as a coach, but the man has no sense of right and wrong.

I guess it's possible and I know raising money was a huge deal in the DE hire, but what about the others. They hired George Pfeifer as their basketball coach -- an asst. from a four-win team that got Leonard Perry fired -- after kicking around other names for a couple of weeks. You know these coaches hate having their names connected to jobs they will not get. They had a Gonzaga and Utah State assistant on the line but lost them. Dunno. I just cannot imagine anybody has that kind of money behind this program if for no other reason than that there IS no money behind this program.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Oh no! Urban renewal hits Moscow. First Karl Marx pizza, now Gambino's. Son, take a good look around.

But glad to hear that another place has taken over the tradition of the 60 oz. beer.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Lubick resigns from sinking ship at Ole Miss, headed for Arizona State.

Bad news for the rest of the Pac-10.

Draft saved Draft deleted