1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving so soon? Erickson headed to ASU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Dec 9, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Idaho AD didn't sound thrilled when Erickson went for the interview. Something like "I thought he'd be here forever, sniff sniff."

3. sportschick

Or at least longer than 10 months.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Why do people keep hiring this guy? He is the very definition of a retread.

5. sportschick

Because he can do amazing things at times. He had Idaho in first place in the WAC before they imploded after losing to Boise State.

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

He's a helluva college football coach. Total whore, but helluva college football coach.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trying to build a program for sustained success: Hire a 59-year-old coach. Good thinkin'.

::) ::) ::)

8. Erickson is the classic good-looking guy who dates a mediocre girl for a week, tells her great things, buys her nice gifts and then puts it on her grill and peaces when something better comes along. Never to call her again.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

My thoughts exactly. Hire an old guy who has coaching ADD. That's the way to rebuild a program.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I assume the bars on Mill Avenue are celebrating already.

11. busuncle

busuncle Member

Someone who has covered CDE feel free to correct me, but he is a super-nice guy.

Shame his best buddy Mike Price didn't get the job, though.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Mike Price ... an all-time nice guy but one of the worst game coaches you will ever run into. Sorry, but spare me the draws on third and long. He's like a degenerate gambler who gets on great runs and can't lose ... but over the long haul you know what's gonna happen. Erickson is exponentially better on the sideline, but this is still just a bad hire for ASU. It's style over substance. Too many young innovators out there to trot Erickson out again. The good news for Lisa Love is that the NFL probably won't take another chance on him. The guy is a whore's whore.

Draft saved Draft deleted