1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving $$$ on the table

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't.

I'm just strongly union.

Why the personal stuff? Why can't you just argue the point?

Do you want me to leave the board? Would that make you happy? I will.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think each player has a moral obligation to himself and his family ... no one else.
    And I am not anti-union.

3. Dick Whitman

We shall agree to disagree.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Players do have an obligation to the union. They understand that people before them fought for the benefits they have and they understand it's their obligation to preserve and enhance those benefits for future generations.

With that said, the union has no issue with this deal. The AAV is strong and the player is choosing the club he wants to join.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I agree with that cran but that does not mean Cliff Lee taking a million or two per year less and for fewer years has any negtive affect on what the union has accomplished.
    How many other pitchers are making $20 mill a year ... Sabtahia and Halladay?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit who leaves and who stays, has no effect on my life.

Again, I am as pro union as anyone but all you're doing is spewing rhetoric. Save it for when it is needed and it is definitley needed in most union-management negotiaitions, this isn't one of them.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I agree Cran and him getting an offer of 160 from the Yankees he more that did his job for the union.

8. Dick Whitman

Then why do you guys pick on me all the time?

Just leave me alone. Argue the points if you want, but stop attacking me personally. I'm sick of it.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wow, please don't go tell the teacher on me. Toughen up for fuck sakes, it's a god damn message board.

By the way, who are you guys? People have arguments all the time on here why do you take it so personal?

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Rivera has left money & years on the table the last few years (until this year).

11. Dick Whitman

Because you make it personal.

And you know exactly who "you guys" are.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No actually, I don't. You have quite the persecution complex.

Draft saved Draft deleted