1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving Las Vegas alert!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 29, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

An epic, epic movie. I own it. I'll watch it tomorrow, probably. One of the most well-written, well-acted movies I've ever seen. Ellen Burstyn is absolutely phenomenal, and I cry in many of the scenes she's in because she reminds me so much of my mother.

Douchebag Jared Leto — that's my name for him, sorry if it offends — is awesome, and Marlon Wayans — MARLON WAYANS?> WTF? — is truly awesome.

For a college essay about geography, I somehow pulled off a 93 percent by comparing the key elements to the Requiem t oa geographical lesson.

The last major scene — with each of the four actors, including the gorgeous Jennifer Connely — curled up and holding themselves is one of the great scenes in movie history.

Please, please go see it.

That being said, Leaving Las Vegas is indeed a great movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Elisabeth Shue is the fucking definition of hot in Leaving Las Vegas.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"I don't know man, I think I'm gonna chill here and watch Leaving Las Vegas tonight."

Fun for the whole family.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Fixed.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Nic Cage took us to a world none of us WANT to be in.

But some of us have been there, almost to a T.

There, with a plastic bottle of vodka stuffed under the driver's seat to sip on during a long road trip somewhere when the game is tonight, the bottle is close, it's between your legs almost, and feels like a security blanket. The seal isn't broken, but you can't wait to bust it as soon as you've filed.

The Smirnoff/Gilbys is sipable during the seemingly shorter road trip back, and always good for a few extra minutes of 'quality time' before visiting ex-girlfriend.

And then you pray for at last one last sip before the blurred trek back home at 6am where a glass bottle of cheap whisky awaits. Before a long nap.

And the shakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted