1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving Las Vegas alert!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 29, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

One of those movies, no matter when it comes on, I have to watch all the way through. It's on Encore.

And Elisabeth Shue? Doesn't get much better than that.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

This was one of those movies that I really liked, that I'm glad I saw, but that I have no desire to see again. Just an excruciatingly depressing flick.

3. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Totally concur.

4. JackReacher

There are definitely some painful scenes in this movie. Still, very fascinating. Oh, and Elisabeth Shue. Maybe I've mentioned that.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I agree with Buckdubs. The gang rape scene is brutal, just like the ass-to-ass scene in Requiem for a Dream. Two movies I'm glad I've seen only once.

6. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Actually I didn't really like it. I thought it was well made and the actors were terrific but I didn't find anything redeeming to take away from it.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Requiem was an outstanding, outstanding movie.

And like you, I never want to see it again.

8. JackReacher

Any chance The Whole Year Inn is still around?

9. JackReacher

Never seen it. Maybe I should.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

One of those movies meant to take you to a world you normally wouldn't dare go, and not meant to make it easy. Hollywood used to make more of this stuff that doesn't exactly work on a Burger King cup and isn't meant to be a franchise. Nic Cage richly deserved his Oscar; like Theron in Monster, he made you totally forget he's Movie Star Nic Cage.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's a fantastic movie, but like Monster I'll never watch it again. I can't handle rape scenes.

12. JackReacher

well said, sir. well said.

Draft saved Draft deleted