1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leavin on a Jet Plane ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

In Arizona right now waiting for our connecting flight to Boston. Today has not been a good day.
    Saturday morning got off the cruise and we had a choice - five bucks a bag to keep our stuff on the dock so we can go hang out in Honolulu before our 11 p.m. flight, or take them to the airport. I called US Airways and asked if we could drop our luggage off. The person I spoke with said yes, so we decided to go to the airport.
    Well, when we get there, there are a few other people waiting. Turns out US Airways didn't open until 2 p.m. and after a few exacerbating phone calls, we waited for about five hours for people to show up. When they did, we dropped our luggage off and went into Honolulu for some last minute shopping and drinking.
    Got to airport, got on flight and now I'm in Arizona and we're being informed because of some kid we can't eat peanuts on the plane. I hate that shit.
    Oh, and saying we're on our honeymoon didn't do much, except help us avoid 45 minute waits at dinner and get a quick table. Plus, older married couples love buying you booze when they find out you just got married.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Which islands did you visit?
    What were the best things you did/saw?
    What was too touristy and a waste of time?
    If you go back for a single-island vacation, which one would it be and why?

Draft saved Draft deleted