1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leavenworth, KS ASE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Charlie Hustle, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

OK, that was kind of funny.

3. mmorrow213

mmorrow213 New Member

4. The paper in Leavenworth was my first ever interview in the business. I just got out of college and was kinda excited abotu getting an interview, so I didn't mind that they didn't offer to fly me out from PA, or pay for my milage, only hotel, so I made a weekend trip out of it with my fiance at the time, now my wife. The paper was an average small paper, but I got the impression that working in the sports department meant I would be part of a two-man show, one half of which was loooking to dump loads of his work on mew. My wife cried virtually the entire car-ride home at the idea of moving there, since I had an offer before I left, and when I called to turn him down, I got the third degree from the then-sports editor, who apparently couldn't believe that I would let that little slice of paradice go by. The town, whcih was about 11 years ago mind you, was a little bit of nothing, with a very grand prison in the center. It really was nothing more than a dead-end, but I don;t know what the situation is like now. I'm just very glad I didn;t do it, because I have no idea where my life would have goen had I taken it.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the SE is a good guy.

6. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle New Member

no idea about the current SE, but I was familiar with the old guy Jason Nichols (he was the SE after the one that proudpittsburgher is talking about), and Nichols was definitely good people. I believe he stepped down about a year ago.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Disagree. He loves playing two sides against the middle, and wouldn't hesitate to backstab anyone. Granted, I think I know where you got your info - if I'm right, he's a good guy.

Didn't want to drag him into the thread, but since he's now brought up ...

8. Charlie Hustle

any movement here?

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

What happened to Nichols?

10. Charlie Hustle

heard he was teaching. I think at the local high school.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Probably pays better than his old job, if that's the case.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

wow! never saw that coming. good for him though.

Draft saved Draft deleted