1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least likable television characters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 2, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The entire cast of Breaking Bad.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Three pages in, nothing yet beats Lou Holtz playing Lou Holtz.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

OK, I could see why you might not have been crazy about Sam or Neal, but Bill is an all-time great character.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Lisa Simpson? Really? I guess you have to be a middle child to appreciate her.

I'd add Lucky from King of the Hill. Luanne would have been better off with Buckley's angel.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Aunt Bee for not letting Barney fuck her in the ass.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Totally agree. AJ was an annoying cameo character. His mother (and Janice) were totally insufferable. I fast-forwarded through almost every scene they were in.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Roseanne Barr

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Robert Iler was awful for much of the run of The Sopranos, but his work in the final season wasn't half bad. The scene where Tony pulls him out of the pool is one of the best in the series, I think.

I'd like to submit Carrie Bradshaw as an all-time unlikable character. Not to many shows could have built a huge following around someone so shallow and selfish and narcissistic, but Sex and The City did it. My wife loved the series, so I sat through pretty much all of it, and at some point it's clear she's maybe the most self-absorbed heroine in TV history, but also in a tone deaf way. No one involved -- not the writers, actors, executive producers, etc. -- seemed to understand what a horrible friend/person Carrie is/was.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent call on Carrie Bradshaw, though after a while, I couldn't even deal with it to watch any more no matter how much my wife loved that crap.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is worse than crispy bacon.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Are you seriously arguing Seinfeld characters don't think about their lives? These are the most neurotic, over-thinking, self-absorbed characters in television history.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted