1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least likable television characters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 2, 2013.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Cartoon division: Lisa Simpson, every female from King of the Hill, Brian Griffin

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, he was the nice guy. The cracker was played by Harvey Vernon. And yeah, Richard Paul as the mayor was pretty bad, but it didn't help that his catchphrase never caught on, but not from lack of trying. Then there was Guich Koock.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like Mary McCormack, but her character on In Plain Sight was pretty grating as well. One of those types where everyone else is wrong, but she is right. And she wonders what "their" problem is.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

OK, I remember now.
    I also remember liking that show for a while.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Didn't Guich Koock kick ass on one edition of Battle of the Network Stars?

Someone up top mentioned The Middle, Mrs. Huggy and Huggy Jr. think it's the funniest show on TV.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Kene Holliday played the sheriff, and in a cruel twist, the department secretary, probably the only other black person in that whole town, was just not into him despite his best efforts.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Carm

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The stupid Bluto-ish son played by the galactically incompetent Josh Gad on "1600 Penn," of which I happened to stumble into watching about 20 minutes of an episode the other night, makes AJ Soprano seem like a Rhodes scholar.

Talk about a show which must be cancelled immediately. "1600" seemed like a mildly funny premise with Jenna Elfman bouncing around in skimpy skirts as the Trophy First Lady and Bill Pullman sending up his "Independence Day" POTUS role, but Gad, who created and wrote the whole show around his own stupid-fatass persona, mugs his way through every scene, blotting out the sun of anything watchable.

Fat, drunk and stupid indeed is no way to go through life, Josh, so take 200 Tylenols and call the NBC scheduling directors to say goodbye before you drift off to la-la land.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Could not agree more. Watched the pilot a few months back and I never watched again because of that doofus. Even Jenna Elfman can't bring me back to that one. Rest of the show was OK, but that "kid"! Damn, he if he's not the most annoying character ever on TV, he's in the conversation.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Alan Brady.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Everyone on Seinfeld. And not in the unlikeable way they were supposed to be. But in every imaginable way.

Draft saved Draft deleted