1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least-favorite network announcer of NFL games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Fixed

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Say what you want about King Henry — and yes, my man, that was a baaaaaad rug — but the dude knew the game.

Glad he got in the Hall before he matriculated up the field and into the sky.

3. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

I'm so disappointed in Ron Jaworski.

I thought he would be an oasis of sanity in the MNF booth, but he's turned into a blubbering, blathering, blithering shrieking idiot.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i yearn for the days of summerall and others like him. understated. let the pictures talk. the youngin's today -- ian eagle among them and gus johnson among them -- are obviously coached by cbs to put false excitement in their voices on mundane plays.

"PENNINGTON FIRES TO COTCHERY FOR THREE!! SECOND-AND 7, STILL NO SCORE HERE IN THE FIRST QUARTER!! IS THIS THE MOST EXCITING THING EVER?! WHY AM I YELLING?!"

yuk.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

In YOUR dreams perv! :p

6. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

Eagle's been around for years on FOX and still hasn't progressed past the "Who the hell is the worst team in the league" level.

Anyone remember Gary Bender? All-time worst. His favorite cliche on a comeback win, modified depending on the score, was "I'm surprised down 14-7 early in the first half they didn't give up."

7. KP

KP Active Member

Absolutely correct. Number one in my book. Though I can't picture him doing Mariners games next to guys like Riz and Neuhaus (sp?).

8. KP

KP Active Member

Nothing said your team sucks like the combo of Don Criqui and Beasley Reece.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Disagree on Ian Eagle. I like him. He's no where near as bad as some of the clowns out there. If he's the PBP guy in the game I'm watching, I have no worries.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Niehaus does the first few innings, then hands the baton to Sims (on TV, anyway). They're both bad, but in different ways.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Since Bill Maas is no longer on the air, I have no complaints.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I was wondering, while watching the Cincy-Jets game, whether Ian Eagle ever, in his entire life -- perhaps during school or a wedding or a funeral -- has ever shut the heck up.
    Ever?
    For a moment?

Draft saved Draft deleted