1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least-favorite network announcer of NFL games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Exactly. If he ever stopped screaming, he might be tolerable.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Tony Siragusa. His "insights" are as annoying as the sucking up the guys in the booth do to this no-talent.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

On the flip side of the spectrum, I raise you Dave Sims (MNF, CBS Radio).

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Gus Johnson. He was better as a sports anchor of a local station.
    I agree with Tony Siragusa. Just plain annoying. Have another pizza you fat oaf.

On the flip side, my favorites are/were Mike Patrick and Pat Summerall. Summerall let Madden do his schtick and the two were a perfect ying and yang. As for Mike Patrick, he's got just enough passion.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Norman Chad put it best in his column today when he said he'd love to hear a 911 call from Gus Johnson when a UFO lands in his backyard. He was much better as a sports anchor. Now he's a clown.

I hated Kevin Harlan just as much for many years. But watching the game yesterday, and I've heard others say this too, he adds so much more detail than most other PBP guys. When teams, both offensively and defensively, change up their packages a bit, he'll tell you who came in at the slot, or who the extra defender is. I give him points for that. He's not talking to the average guy on the couch who thinks a dime defense means the defensive end has a roll of them in his hand ready to slug the QB.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Another vote for Gus Johnson.

And he's even worse on college basketball.

7. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I don't really have any problems with Harlan, and I think Gannon's improving.

I love Dick Enberg doing tennis, but he's just too slow for football.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

As overcooked as Johnson and Harlan are, at least they add information, detail-- whatever.

Tony Kornheiser is a nuisance to an otherwise clean telecast.

He's like the gnats on the back of Joba Chamberlain's neck to me.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Half of the crews I can't figure out who is the pxp and who is the analyst - or if the analyst is a former player. I generally dislike Dierdorf and Bob Trumpy who tend to over-praise successful plays and over-criticize plays that don't work.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't like the ones who make sounds by stringing together syllables into words. The rest I have no problem with.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jim Nantz......Snooze....Oh and did I mention that Fred Couples and I were roommates?

Draft saved Draft deleted