1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least favorite holiday song?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Feliz Navidad (a Spanish song) by Celine Dion (a French Canadian)

Also, any kind of Jeff Foxworthy/Larry the Cable Guy Christmas "song" which is usually a shitty, country arrangement of Jingle Bells while they tell shitty Christmas jokes.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Actually, considering what tripe Paul was recording around that time, it's probably one of the highlights of that period, but I'll never delve into his late 70s albums to find out for sure.

I'll bet he thought the annoying-as-fuck synthesizer effects were cutting edge too.

I normally don't rail about the dangers of dope, but his song fits the bill. Stupid Japanese ... should have kept in jail until George Martin started producing him again.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't believe someone could hate Last Christmas. Well, except the Jimmy Eat World version. That did blow donkey dick.

Speaking of which, if you have XM, listen to the Xmas stations. you'll hear all the terrible Xmas songs you can handle and then some. My wife and I were driving around running errands Saturday night and I greeted just about every song with "Change this. It sucks."

Listening to the narrow, repetitive Xmas play list on tradtional radio shielded us from all the crap that's out there. Would you look at that! An advantage to terresterial radio.

4. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

Fa-La-La on that, Mr. Petty, and you're right.

JBJ ripped off a killer Christmas video, and could Mr. Tebow do the same with his hot babe? Maybe he'd go for Cindy instead.

Cindy was so hot. Even in a video cameo.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Feliz Navidad was originally by Jose Feliciano. His verison is way better than Celines.

Another annoying song is Aye Aye Aye It's Christmastime, by Ricky Martin. That man should be shot everytime he opens his mouth to sing or wiggles his butt ugly touche. :mad:

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Idaho, sensing that you are still dealing with the nightmares of seeing George Michael in shorts in Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go....

7. rallen13

rallen13 Member

OK 2muchcoffeeman, just for you:

Dan Fogelberg

Draft saved Draft deleted