1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Least favorite holiday song?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Dec 7, 2007.

1. I would like the radio PD's across America to understand that the godawful Dan Fogelberg song -- the one where they can't find an open bar put find an open liquor store and Dan drinks beer in the car with his old love while all thinking human beings with ears blow chunks all over the room. Yeah, that one. -- is NOT A FREAKING CHRISTMAS SONG.
    Thank you.

2. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I'm convinced that either McCartney didn't write that song or it went something like this:

Exec: Paul, you really should do a Christmas song but since the holiday is in three days you need to do it now.

Paul: But I'm simply having a wonderful Christmastime.

Exec: Perfect. Just sing that a bunch of times and it will be gold.

3. I think it is absolutely the model for Dana Carvey's "Choppin' Broccoli," and was cut roughly the same way.

4. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Once while I worked in retail, I had to endure the Elvis version of "Winter Wonderland" for 45 consecutive minutes after the CD playing over the PA system kept repeating. I never want to hear any version of that song again.

And I wholeheartedly agree with people's opinions on Paul's song. Horrible.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Oz, just because you agree with that, I am going to pull out that certain jersey and haunt you with it....

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know, people can say what they want about JBJ, but the guy rules. imagine sayin' 'ya know, i want to make a christmas video and basically fondle CC throughout the whole damn thing' and then pull it off.

the guy still could get more ass than a new orleans public toilet seat during marti gras. always has been a stud, always will be.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Don we now our gay apparel,
    Fa la la, la la la, la la la.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That's because we're all in the Christmas/Hannukah mindset and not the New Year's Eve mindset :)

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Wham's 'Last Christmas'

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Never heard "Christmas Shoes".

But I agree with many of the selections here:
    - Sir Paul's song
    - Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
    - Dominic the Donkey
    - Deck the Halls
    - We Wish You a Merry Christmas

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Consider yourself lucky.

I went so far as to send an email to a radio station that played that song telling them everytime they play it I change the channel to their competitor. Then I mention I am an Arbitron Family.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

From Bad Santa ...

Sue: I've always had a thing for Santa Claus. In case you didn't notice. It's like some deep-seeded childhood thing.
    Willie: So is my thing for tits.

Draft saved Draft deleted