1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

learning to ride a bike

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Oct 19, 2008.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Being in her 20s, she's probably built it up in her head more than it is, so her inability to pick it up quickly is likely more mental than physical -- and I think grass (flat or hill) might help that a bit, knowing it will be softer if she falls.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ehhh, it's a monday.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is great advice. My dad has no patience and is OCD protective of his family. Not a good combination for teaching a 5- of 6-year-old how to ride a bike...at all. I remember my dad storming off as he tried to teach me to ride my bike.

The same thing happened 10 or 11 years later, when he tried to teach me how to drive. He got me so nervous I managed to stall an automatic transmission. Do you know how difficult that is to do?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And yet, if there's anyone who could do it it's you.

And ijag.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dude, it's all I can do to get my poll in on time.

I can't even begin to figure out a transmission.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And even then....

7. Combine the notion of a stationary bike for the pedaling motion...
    With the balance of easing down a knoll/parking lot on a skateboard for balance...
    And I think you've got a chance at getting in her pants.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I knew there were 18 reasons I liked you, but I could only think of 17. Here's to not searching any longer.

Draft saved Draft deleted