1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Learning guitar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

SUCK IT, SCOUT BOY!

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That's good advice. My dad taught me when I was eight and after playing his way until I was 16 or so I decided to take lessons and it made me a better player.

3. Scouter

Scouter Member

Hey now. You know I can tolerate a good futbol match. I don't need convincing.

4. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Here's what to do.

Get a chord book or have someone show you the basic open chords. After you play around with them for a while, give barre chords a shot.

Learn the pentatonic scale.

Learn to read tab, then visit this site regularly: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com.

If you got any other questions PM me.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I thought at first this was a reference to the bellhop on "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody".....

[​IMG]

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

definitely use that site
    learnign the guitar a whole lot more fun when you are playing tunes you like
    as you get better, you learn progressively tougher songs
    I started with the basic three-chord tunes and now pluck "Goin' to California'

Draft saved Draft deleted