1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lean Dean Truth Squad

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by chigurdaddy, Jun 7, 2008.

1. chigurdaddy

chigurdaddy Guest

Have you experienced a Singleton horror story? Know anyone who has? Please, do tell.
    Why?
    Journos in Dean Singleton's Bay Area News Gulag are on the eve of an important June 13 union vote. It won't deliver the knockout blow many of us want, but a union victory will put the hurt on an already damaged Singleton brand name. Lean Dean is mired in debt, and creditors, advertisers and even other newspaper owners are sure to take notice.
    Many of us have heard of Singleton promising employees at recently-purchased papers job and wage security – only to turn around and fire everyone and make them reapply for their old jobs at reduced wages. Your accounts will help Bay Area journos make an informed choice by exposing Singleton's past misdeeds. Please try to limit posts to reportage.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Might want to start with this 26-page thread. Then see if you have anymore questions....

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/33582/

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Dean has never minded tangling with unions and he'll wipe his scummy ass with any communiques from the NLRB. Just sayin'.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Who is Dean Singleton?

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The only guy on the planet who fears no evil in the Valley of Death.

He's the meanest sonuvabitch in the valley.

6. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

I was thinking about going to James Taylor's concert, but I don't think I will just because of the Singleton connection.

7. forever_town

So, no chance of a duet between you and Sweet Baby James on "Leather and Lace"?

8. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Only if Zeke follows with his rendition of "Boys of Summer."

9. forever_town

Yeah, that'll happen any day now.

10. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I sure hope the union vote passes. After all, unions saved all those textile and manufacturing jobs in the Midwest. This is just the thing!

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If they don't pass, you can open up the company store, Wingy.

12. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Now you're talking.

Draft saved Draft deleted