1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lean Dean (the tropical version)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

One of the computer models had a Cat 3 hurricane riding over Hilo, so be thankful that one didn't come to fruition.

Also, tropical storm watch in south Texas for a little shit depression that just formed in the Gulf and will probably be a little shit tropical storm. Dean stronger, looks headed for the Dominican Republic and the northern Leeward Islands.

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Jim Cantore is live on the scene.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That means we get Stephanie in Galveston! Giggity giggity!

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Disagree, based on the projection map at this hour. That one's headed for the western Gulf of Mexico.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nope. They sent some guy I've never seen before. Saw him on the air last night.

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Good thing I just moved to New Orleans. Should shit happen, I'll try to send updates. As is, I'm hoping I don't get called into action on a storm.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If Deano slips between the Yucatan and Cuba and is still a Cat 1 things could get interesting.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

The new long-range projections mean this:

On Sunday, the national anthem of Jamaica will be "Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season."

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

After the island nation is buffetted by winds of change?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The image function comes in handy on these hurricane threads.

Regardless of how long ago somebody posted a forecast track, the chart always updates automatically to the most current one.

That's cool.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Hopefully, the winds of change will blow over their heads and come Monday Jamaicans will run into a chum with a bottle of rum.

:D

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The major computer models' projections:

[​IMG]

Not that everything couldn't change, but this looks similar to 2005's Emily in both path and possibly intensity. If it misses Jamaica, it could absolutely fuck Cozumel/Cancun again.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted