1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leadership 101

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 17, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They'll never be able to decipher it.

Oh, and you're a lousy fucking softball player, JR!

2. Don't forget to ask nicely.

3. Your boys are going down, Zeke. I can't stop it now.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But you believe that, don't you Ellis? Tht Alberto Gonzalezis here to help you in any way possible?

5. Of course, sir.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I found the thread. The only thing to decipher is that no matter what happens anywhere, any time, Fenian hates Bush and thinks we should kill the economy by raising taxes. Nothing new to see here.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're right, tony. Nothing new about the attorney general of the united states stating publicly that the courts should defer to the executive when it comes to interpreting laws.

Sadly, that's been par for the course with this bunch.

Gonzalez to Constitution: I have no responsibility here whatsoever.

old tony: He often makes no point. It's part of his charm.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

How convenient of you to overlook the issue about the AG.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To wit:

“We want to determine whether he understands the inherent limits that make an unelected judiciary inferior to Congress or the president in making policy judgments,” Gonzales says in the prepared speech. “That, for example, a judge will never be in the best position to know what is in the national security interests of our country.”

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You'll have to forgive old tony. He's still upset about those "activist" judges granting all those civil rights to blacks and ruining our inner cities.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

To me, it sounds like he's basically saying the three-way balance of power the framers intended is actually a pretty stupid idea.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That is, in fact, what he's saying.

Are we clear?

Draft saved Draft deleted