1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leadership 101

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 17, 2007.

1. To Jim Lehrer:

PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, you know, I think a lot of people are in this fight. I mean, they sacrifice peace of mind when they see the terrible images of violence on TV every night. I mean, we've got a fantastic economy here in the United States, but yet, when you think about the psychology of the country, it is somewhat down because of this war.

Now, here in Washington when I say, "What do you mean by that?," they say, "Well, why don't you raise their taxes; that'll cause there to be a sacrifice." I strongly oppose that. If that's the kind of sacrifice people are talking about, I'm not for it because raising taxes will hurt this growing economy.

But this is an epic clash of civilizations! World War III (or IV, or XXXII)!
    Jesus wept.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How did I know what this was about?

Hmmmm?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Can't we take away his credit card or something? I can't stand these spend-and-spend-some-more neoconservatives. I'll take a good old-fashioned conservative any time.

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I just wonder what it's going to feel like to listen to a president who's not a complete and utter embarrassment.

Been a while. Hope I can take the shock.

5. Luckily, he has creepy enablers, too.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16668110/

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So the attorney general, in essence, doesn't think judges know enough about the law to make rulings on the law because those rulings aren't what the administration wants? Hmmm...how about, "Too f-ing bad!"

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I guess that's just what David Addington told him to say?

Hadn't heard much from Gonzalez in a while. Had almost forgotten how unqualified he really was for the post.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Can you believe these activist judges who insist on upholding the Constitution despite the threat of terrorism?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow.

I almost forgot that our attorney general was sick the day they taught law in law school.

10. Galactically stupid?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Since we seem to be out of competent leaders, I thought I'd drink a little.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I don't think he's stupid, in the traditional sense of the word. Just in a job that's out of his realm. Hell it's out of my realm, but I'm aware of it. He got the job out of cronyism.

Draft saved Draft deleted