1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lead sports designer, The Arizona Republic

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Luke_Knox, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Luke_Knox

Luke_Knox New Member

Sports designer, Phoenix

Job description: We're looking for a designer with strong InDesign and Photoshop skills, great vision and organizational skills, with a minimum of 2-3 years experience ready to step in and be the lead sports designer at The Arizona Republic. Phoenix has all of the major sports, in addition to major events like the BCS and Fiesta bowls, the 2011 MLB All-Star Game and the NCAA Tournament. Anyone interested should contact Tracy Collins, senior director of operations and visuals, at tracy.collins@arizonarepublic.com.

(This is the ad from SND's site ... I'm the guy that's leaving, so send any questions my way. Thanks.)

2. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

These big time design jobs are really making me wish I wasn't tied down.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Is it entirely a night job or a bit of both day and night?

4. dm19

dm19 Member

Don't know what it is about the AZ Republic, but I've always liked them. Their design seems to be a nice mix of traditional and modern that really seems to work nicely. Who knows what a talented lead designer could do for them.

5. chase.colston

chase.colston Member

Some big shoes to fill. Knox is one of the best.

Wish you the best wherever you're going, Luke.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Boston Globe.

Draft saved Draft deleted