1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lead sports designer, Houston Chronicle

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jeffpatterson, Sep 24, 2015.

1. jeffpatterson

jeffpatterson New Member

This hasn't been officially posted on SND or JJobs yet, but here's a heads up for those interested:

The Houston Chronicle is seeking a lead sports designer to direct the visuals for the print product and contribute to digital products.
    You'd work closely with a talented and experienced group of editors in the sports department, led by SE Randy Harvey and deputies Reid Laymance and Jay Lee. And you'd have a fun group to work with in the art department, led by director Susan Barber.
    In addition to covering the Astros, Texans and Rockets, there are major events coming to our nation's fourth-largest city in the near future: the 2016 Final Four and 2017 Super Bowl.
    The Chronicle is owned by Hearst, which has a diverse portfolio of properties (About Us | Hearst Corporation).
    If you are interested, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to Susan Barber, art director, at susan.barber@chron.com.
    This will soon be my old job as I'm leaving for Kansas City next week. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have about the paper or city.
    -jp-

Draft saved Draft deleted