1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lead columnist, Tulsa World

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 3, 2012.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

As I said before, send everything to HR. Michael will get to see everything. I'd send 5-8 clips.

If anyone has any other questions about the job or the World or Tulsa in general, let me know. I'm kinda familiar with the area.

2. Balthier

Balthier Member

Wife is deathly afraid of 'naders. How many a season they get in Tulsa? (Yes, this is a serious question.)

3. http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/online/monthly/newm.html#2000

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Why do people not from Oklahoma think the movie "Twister" happens once a month during the summer?

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Same reason, Matt, that other people think there's never a sunny day in Seattle.

It's amazing how many people hear about tendencies in an area and take it to the extreme.

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I can see not liking Ralph, but he's nothing to fear.

7. Balthier

Balthier Member

I like what you did there.

8. Balthier

Balthier Member

Sorry, I won't ask anymore legitimate questions. I'll just troll from now on.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Your choice. I'm not trolling. I was also asking a legitimate question.

And, jr., you're saying there's sun in Seattle??? We were taught in geography class that a giant, movable disc blocked out the sun in the Pacific Northwest. I don't believe you.

[​IMG]

10. Registered_Muser

Registered_Muser New Member

Did they ever fill this one?

11. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Think of how many laid-off columnists could be good in this job. Although they might not be eager to move from Orange County or Long Island or Denver to Tulsa.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Having lived in Oklahoma, it damn near does. And this is definitely a big boy job.

Draft saved Draft deleted